Friday, July 30, 2010

i cant hear it but ....Music is in my soul.......urs too

Why does music touch your heart as it does? If actions speak louder than words, music touches your soul......

What is more important in a song? music or the lyrics? For me the music inlfuences my decision coz it gives tone to the words........i know ppl who advocate the lyrics will say that the words speak for themselves and they dont need music. what i am saying then is that the music adds more to it.......they reiterate the effect that the words want to.......

When i am very low n i dont have words i take the refuge of music....also when i am very happy i walk into its arms........they seem to know exactly how i feel.........

And when i am alone and i am discovering myself i listen to music n i feel i am united with the universe...........

In this world at this time when we know that the powerful n rich win, when corruption prevails and being smart is the need of the hour and honesty is bookish ............when i come across people who are kind, who are honest, who are humble....one has to think if we are making haste in concluding that the world is going to end.....

When a musician writes his music what must be in his heart......where his soul might have travelled, what lengths his thoughts may have traversed, how deep he must feel, what hopes he may have?

If I am feeling low the rain drops elate me, they take me to another level where not even a close friend can go. only someone who has touched my soul will ever know how i feel then. when i am at the beach n i hear the waves i want my feelings to spill over just like they do but at the same time i want to protect them.

I never stick to the same music. people ask me what is your favorite. i dont have any because i want new waves to touch my soul and give me experiences i havnt had before. because in the end all wont be there with us...the soul will hav experience that it will carry further n enlighten another person again to continue the circle. also one can know the frequency of a person from his piece of music and may expect new things but there wil always be an element common to all of them...

i want music when i am angry, when i am sad n when i am happy or depressed. y? yet i stay away from it. i am not avid listener nor do i sing but when i allow myself to absorb the music i can only express it with words like i am doing it right now. i so much hope that i could answer back with my music but alas i dont know how to play any instrument. my most favorite instrument i would like to learn is the drums. n also i am affected by the piano, its very difficult to learn i know. i will have to try n see if thats what i wanna play or do i wanna listen. yes i believe that there are things we wanna play n things we'd rather listen.

i know at this age people have shifted to mettalic n rock but sometimes carnatic music also enraptures me. and ofcourse sufi music. oh there are so many choices....now a days there are many fusions. i appreciate them but id rather get the whole essence out of one music.....

many times i hav written a blog on music but i never seem to get the whole feeling out on this paper properly. i always go for yet another post on music. may be this will stop when i will speak music.

i am celebrating life, i am celebrating music

No comments: