Thursday, February 5, 2009

You made my day



Who is your favourite actor? Or your favourite singer? When two people talk for the first time they may exchange this information. But I will try to see this with a different angle.

Lets suppose there is a person who has had a very difficult day because he was late for college because he missed the bus. And then he forgot to bring his assignment because he left his house in a jiffy lest he missed his bus. In this confusion he didnt have his breakfast as well. The boy is having a miserable time at the college all the while cursing his luck and swearing in his mind. Yet something else going on his mind as well. What is it? Its the things he wants to do when he gets back home like play his favourite music, or take a cool shower. Isn't it awesome how a small activity can make him forget the bad day! It is fabulous, because if it weren't he wouldn't be planning them all the time when he's facing hell.

A friend of mine is srk fan. He says no matter what be the mood, he can always watch srk movies because it always liftsup his mood. Isn't that great. I often wonder how Shahrukh Khan must feel when he listens to this experience first hand. He must know that he has so many fans. Yet this narration about how he can make someone's life vivacious after just watching his movie is truly awesome. I mean if I was srk i would truly be delighted and would wonder "how can i?". I also wonder what is it that is our favourite's favourite!And there are times when we find persons from our life who can lift up our moods just by meeting them. For some its their lovers,the friends, their pets,or for some its the person whom they have a crush on. It can even be strangers on a bus or a train.

For me its an unexpected rain, a few good songs that I may have taken a liking to at that time. Sometimes its my friends. I must confess sometimes a few good movies also do me great wonders. I should add that if its a person who lifts up our mood, may be we should make it a point to remind them that how much they matter to us.

So I am winding up with this small post on "You made my day", which reminds me to ask you,
"Who is it that made your day?"

4 comments:

Sandy said...

I feel this one is the best one you had ever written. till date. And not to forget the new look you have imparted to your blog..it looks very refreshing..i liked it a lot.

To honor your request, for me, i know of only one and for me, its not about or just a day. Considering my platter, its a lifetime coz that someone has made my life.
And i am not naming that soul here coz i know it's known.
:)))

Cheers!!

DEEPANJANA NAG said...

nice one.
agreed.

Amit said...

great thoughts..truly refreshing.. i agree with sandy(!!! doesn't happen often :)) it is one of the best from you.... keep writing those as u seem to be improving with every passing day :)

Luna Lovegood said...

Well not trying to sound more of a critic I will be sweet and short... its you who made my day having me read this!! Thanks... excellant thing... and I would love to read more of your mind...